Ingredients for making rutabaga porridge in milk
- Rutabaga 2 pcs.
- Onion 1 pc.
- Milk (any fat content) 1.5 cups
- Premium wheat flour 1 tbsp. a spoon
- Butter 1 tbsp. a spoon
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp. spoons
- Main Ingredients: Pumpkin, Milk
- Serving 4 servings
- World cuisine Estonian cuisine
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Saucepan, Spoon, Frying pan, Mashed potato (or blender), Serving plates
Cooking rutabag porridge in milk:
Step 1: Cook the rutabag mashed potatoes.We clean the rutabaga and rinse thoroughly in water. Next, cut it into cubes medium sized and dip them in a pot of boiling water. Cook the vegetable over moderate heat for 10-20 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces. You can check the readiness of rutabaga by pricking it on a fork or knife. If the piece is soft and easily pierced, then the pan can be removed from the fire, if not, then continue to cook again. When you remove the rutabaga from the fire, it is necessary to drain the water from it, and turn the vegetable into mashed potatoes using a pusher or a blender.
Step 2: Cook rutabaga in milk.Peel the onion, rinse and cut into small cubes. Pour a little vegetable oil into the pan and put it on medium heat. Next, add the onion to the hot pan and fry it until soft and golden. Mix onion with rutabaga puree and salt the mixture to taste. Next, put the porridge in a pan and pour milk. Simmer porridge over low heat 7-10 minutes, stirring her all the time.
Step 3: Serve the rutabaga porridge in milk.We spread hot porridge on portioned plates and serve, seasoned with a slice of butter. It is very useful for adults and children: it normalizes metabolism and strengthens the immune system. Besides rutabag pulp is incredibly tasty and aromatic. Good appetite!
- - You can decorate porridge with sprigs of greens: parsley, dill or cilantro. You can also sprinkle a plate of porridge with finely chopped herbs.
- - To make porridge, it is best to use medium-fat home-made cow milk. But pay attention when buying, so that it is fresh and has no extraneous and unpleasant odors.